Clicky

Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA)

Many people with disabilities want to work.

Social Security Administration beneficiaries with disabilities, when using "work incentives", can continue to receive benefits while testing their ability to work. If you are a beneficiary of Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or if you provide services for beneficiaries, who are employed or interested in returning to work, contact the:

Ticket to Work Helpline
866-968-7842(v) • 866-833-2967(tty)
or go online to
The ‘Choose Work‘ Website
www.chooseworkttw.net

While online you can view webinars about the Ticket to Work program and other topics that will assist your efforts to return to work.  Information is provided specifically for Social Security and SSI beneficiaries with disabilities and their families.

SSA web site

The goal of the WIPA of South-Central Texas project is to enhance the awareness and understanding of SSDI/SSI beneficiaries and their families, about Federal, State and local work incentives, and improve their ability to make informed choices regarding employment goals.

Community Work Incentives Coordinators (CWIC):

• Explain available federal, state and local work incentives, and provide assistance with identifying how earned income from work affects your SSDI and/or SSI benefits.

• Provide information about how the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS), and other Employment Networks can support your efforts to secure and retain work.

• Help you to explore and access employment options, related supports and long-term work incentives.


We serve the following Texas counties:

Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Blanco, Brooks, Caldwell, Cameron, Comal, DeWitt, Duval, Frio, Gillespie, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Hays, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Jim Wells, Karnes, Kendall, Kennedy, Kerr, La Salle, Live Oak, McMullen, Medina, Starr, Webb, Willacy, Wilson, Zapata

WIPA Project Director's email:
valerie@arcil.com - Valerie Williams

ARCIL email: arcil@arcil.com


93.6% ($230,056.00) of the resources for the WIPA Project is provided by the Social Security Administration and the remaining 6.4% ($15,790.00) is provided by ARCIL.

This web page was made possible by a grant from the Social Security Administration. The contents of this web page are the sole responsibility of the authors and do not represent the official views of the Social Security Administration.